Sunday 23 November 2014

UPDATE: Oh Sheet Mask Box


UPDATE
So it has been a few days since receiving this box and I have only tried one of the masks. That mask was the Blueberry mask, which stung my skin when applied. Luckily, there were no reactions.
There's been a new development to this story. That is, someone has noticed that a couple of these do not bear the blue stamp which states that these Chinese products have been tested.

These masks bear the mark.

These masks do not.

Which then made me realize as one of these masks is by East Skin...and the Blueberry one was also by East Skin...so maybe that also did not have a stamp. It could explain why it stung my skin, as it was probably dodgy and had not been tested.

Also, I am somewhat baffled as to why the Wobechon Snail mask has the stamp whilst it's Innisfree rip off honey mask did not. Something shifty is obviously going on there. 

If I wasn't already paranoid about trying these masks out before, now I am definitely hesitant to use the rest.
Until Oh Sheet Mask can provide proof that these masks are safe by EU standards, I will not be using them.

I am currently negotiating a paypal dispute with them and they will only give me a refund once I return everything to some random flat in Newport UK. I'm guessing it's a friend of their's that will send the masks back to them so they can re-purpose them for next month's box. 
I have offered to cancel the dispute if...

A. They can provide proof that these masks are safe by EU standards.
'The manufacturer or his agent or the person to whose order a cosmetic product is manufactured or the person responsible for placing an imported cosmetic product on the community market shall for control purposes keep the following information readily accessible to the competent authorities of the member of state concerned at the address specified on the label in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a)'

B. They can provide proof that these Chinese masks have been tested as only some of them contain the mark to say they have been regulated and tested.
'Assessment of the safety for human health of the finished product. To that end the manufacturer shall take into consideration the general toxicological profile of the ingredients, their chemical structure and their level of exposure. It shall take particular account of the specific exposure characteristics of the areas on which the product will be applied or of the population for which it is intended. There shall be inter alia a specific assessment for cosmetic products intended exclusively for use in external intimate hygiene.'


C. They can provide prices for the individual masks to show that they live up to their claim of 'No generic cheap stuff' 

2 comments:

  1. Hiya! I commented on your reddit post but I think it bears repeating. I'm so, so sorry you had to go through this (hope your skin didn't suffer) and you're absolutely within your rights to do this. If you need any assistance or support I'd be happy to help (I'm currently in law school if that helps)

    Lots of love x Julia | Wing me a dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Luckily only one or two spots have appeared. But, I know someone who did have a reaction. I'll keep posting updates on this whole debacle.

      Delete