Thursday 6 November 2014

Sephora Tarte Cosmetics Haul

My obsession other than Memeboxes is for Tarte Cosmetics.
However, I don't actually own a huge collection. That is due to the fact that...
1. Their site do not ship to the UK.
2. QVC UK has a pity full collection of their products.
&
3. They aren't cheap.

So I only really get my Tarte fix when I make a Sephora order or when I find the odd good Tarte deal on ebay (I know it's risky in terms of fakes, but I have to get my fix somehow)

So for Christmas this year I asked the other half if he could ask his siblings in the US to pick up a few items for me and send it over. However, I have no hope in this plan and I have no self control, so I decided to make a Sephora order as much as it hurt my bank account.

Here comes the loot...


Aren't they just beautiful to look at.

Ok, so lets start with the Pigment of Imagination deluxe cheek set at $10.

The cheek stain is 4.8g in the shade Fantasy and is a lovely almost rose gold champagne highlight. You only need a little and the product is soft, so I recommend just tapping it with your fingers to apply.
The blush is 1.5g in the shade Mirage and is a very soft matte peachy shade. It just about shows on my skin tone and I think it will be perfect for Spring.
I compared the Mirage blush to my Exposed blush, so you can see the size difference. It so cute and diddy.
For $10, you can't really go wrong with this pair.

Next up is the Kiss & Belle deluxe LipSurgence lip set at $34 - RRP $100.
It comes with 4 normal LipSurgence tints, 2 matte shades and 2 glosses.
Eternal - Matte Pinky Nude (I say it's more coral)
Dreamy - Cool Raspberry
Kiss - Light Pink Gloss with shimmer
Alluring - Mauve (looks more like a peachy mauve)
Innocent - Warm Nude
Belle - Raspberry Gloss
Dainty - Pink
Fancy - Plum Berry

This is my first time trying any of the lip products from Tarte, I decided deluxe samples were the way to go for me to see whether I liked them or not. So far so good. They all have that minty scent and flavour. The matte shades have great pigmentation, as does the Belle gloss. The other shades are sheerer, but still provide a nice wash of colour to the lips. I can't wait to sport Fancy with Belle over it.
Overall, I'm glad I picked this up.

Now for the Tres Chic Park Avenue Princess Contour Palette at $34.
Isn't the packaging just so chic and sexy?
However, it is very fingerprint prone lol
In this palette is the Park Avenue Princess Bronzer in the matte version 6g.
I already have this bronzer in the Rain Forest After Dark Palette. However, in this palette it swatches a little darker and little orange, so this may not work the best on pale skin girls. But, it'll be fine for my light/medium yellow undertone skin.
The blush is in the shade Posh 3g. It looks like a satin version of Unleashed from the Rain Forest After Dark Palette. Just a lovely everyday pink shade. I believe anyone can wear this blush.
The highlight is in the shade Champagne Gold 3g. It almost looks like a lighter powder version of the cheek stain from the Pigment of Imagination set. It's not a shimmery highlight, it leans more towards a light metallic sheen.

And now for the finale....
The Pin Up Girl Blush Palette at $42 - RRP $110
Isn't this just a thing of beauty.
This was one of the products I had asked my other half to get for me and I'm glad I picked it up myself. As the last time I checked on Sephora's site, this palette was no where to be found.
This palette feels and looks so 'FANCAAAAY...you already know!'
Sorry couldn't help myself there. But you can see it looks so elegant.
I may sport the beautiful bobby pins that comes with it for Christmas.
Breathless - Pinky Beige (just about shows up on me, definitely more beige than pink. Perfect for the fairer ladies)
Embraced - Plummy Rose
Whimsy - Light Pink
Bashful - Rosy Peach (more coral than peach really)
Irreplaceable - Mauve Rose
I never had the opportunity to purchase the blush palette from the previous holiday collection. So I'm so pleased I grabbed this baby.
Compared to my single Tarte blushes, the quality of these are just as great.

I'm so happy I decided to go ahead with this order, else I may have totally missed out on that blush palette. Everything is to my liking and I'm one happy Panda.
However, there are a few other bits from their holiday collection that will be harder for me to get a hold of, so I'm going to have to device a plan.
But for now I have satisfied my thirst for Tarte.
I am also planning on filming a video of this haul with live swatches, so watch this space.

Thanks for taking a look and hope these images have helped you decide on whether Tarte needs your money lol


9 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this range before but it looks totally lovely. I just came back from the US on holiday and practically hyperventilated when I found a Sephora. They REALLY need to come to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would hyperventilate too if I ever saw a Sephora lol. Yeah, they're losing so much money by not giving us UK ladies some love. You should totally check out Tarte Cosmetics...natural, eco friendly & fair trade brand.

      Delete
  2. You almost gave me a heart attack! I have gift cards en route, so I'm waiting to receive those before doing a Sephora haul and this blush palette was top of my wish list. Where did it go?!?! I called my local Sephora in a panic, but fortunately they still have a bunch. I may forego the gift cards and just go grab it tomorrow. Don't want to take any chances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I would go into store too just in case. I still don't see them on the site...so definitely in store is the way to go.

      Delete
  3. The Sephora in Copenhagen actually don't have the Tarte line :( I love them but they don't get the same christmas sets as in the US - their Too Faced and Benefit are smaller and has less value which is soooo anoying :( But now I moved to Norway and they don't even have a Sephora, so I shouldn't have complained lol... In Copenhagen their after Christmas sale is amazing! I got a Chanel blush and a Dior eyeshadow palette for half the price last year and they are normally NEVER on sale here... :) But I love Tarte as well and would love that Countour palette.... The blush palette looks amazing, but I just have too many blushes.... or wait... you can't really have that so forget it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say thank you so so much for comparing the Posh and Unleashed blushes! I've been looking at buying the Rainforest After Dark palette as well as the tres chic Park Ave Princess palette. I was concerned that I would buy both and then have pretty much the exact colors in both. So I think I will control myself and only buy one! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I'd say go for the Rainforest palette as you get all shadows, blush, contour and highlight in one.

      Delete
  5. I have the lipsurgance set and the park ave princess palette and i love both! Especially the contour palette, definitely my go-to on a daily basis <3 Great post! Awesome products x
    http://beautifulbedlamblog.com/?p=833

    ReplyDelete